- When is the Placement Questionnaire deadline?
- What is the theme camp placement timeline? When is theme camp placement announced?
- Who should I put down as camp lead in the questionnaire?
- What should I write about in my Camp Interactivity statement?
- I really want to camp in a particular sector. Why can’t I put in requests for placement in only one sector?
- Do my camp population and map need to be exact? I'm not sure yet who is camping with us this year.
- If I'm a camp within a village, do I need to fill out a Placed Camp Questionnaire?
- I submitted my Placement Questionnaire, but how do I know you received it?
1. When is the Placement Questionnaire deadline?
For new and returning theme camps, villages, and all camps within a village the deadline is Noon (12:00pm Pacific Time on the last Thursday in March. For all support camps, the deadline is Noon (12:00 pm) Pacific Time on the Second-to-last Thursday in April. Once the deadline has passed, the questionnaire becomes electronically de-activated and we are unable to accept submissions beyond that time. Your camp’s primary Placement contact should fill out their Burner Profile well in advance to expedite your process. Don't wait until the last minute!
2. What is the theme camp placement timeline? When is theme camp placement announced?
Please click this link to review the Placement Timeline.
3. Who should I put down as camp lead in the questionnaire?
The camp lead is automatically listed as the Burner Profile that files the questionnaire. This should be the person authorized to make decisions for, and answer questions about, your camp. This person should know who is camping with you and what the overall vision is for your camp, including camp layout and interactivity. They should be able to answer questions about set up, tear down, and your LNT plan. Additionally, they should be familiar with important details about your camp, such as requirements for Work Access Passes, use of Outside Services Providers (if any), use of heavy equipment (if any), generators and fuel storage, fire safety plans, and storage containers purchased from Burning Man. They should also be available in the months leading up to the event. This will be the person the Placement team contacts with information and questions. We send out lots of important information that your camp lead should communicate to your camp, and vice versa. Your lead should be up-to-speed on all the goings-on of your camp. We strongly recommend that you not delegate this job to a first time Burner.
4. What should I write about in my Camp Interactivity statement?
The interactivity that takes place within your theme camp is one of the most important factors we consider when assessing your camp. Please tell us, in as much detail as possible about all of the interactive elements you will be offering within your camp. We want to know how you are going to engage your visitors. We also take into consideration how unique your interactivity is–are you offering something that could only be done at Burning Man? Or are you doing something standard but in a new and wonderful way? Keep in mind that we reserve 'prime real estate' for our theme camps & villages. Take some time to think about what you will offer, and write in concrete, descriptive language about the details. Be prepared with a schedule of days and times of events you will be hosting. Nebulous, esoteric, or incomplete descriptions leave us confused (and not in a good way). Read more about the criteria for theme camps here.
5. I really want to camp in a particular sector. Why can’t I put in requests for placement in only one sector?
Our placers try to accommodate all theme camps' requests for sector placement; however some sectors fill up faster than others. If you could ask for only one sector and that sector fills up before we place your camp, we will not have an alternative place to locate your camp. On your Placed Camp Questionnaire, you should rank sectors in order of preference. You can also indicate whether sector or street choice is more important to your camp. Additionally, Placement will sometimes move camps in order to keep the city vibrant from year to year; if we know your additional sector requests we can ensure your camp ends up in a location you had a hand in choosing.
6. Do my camp population and map need to be exact? I'm not sure yet who is camping with us this year.
Your numbers do not need to be exact, but we do need a definite idea of the size and footprint of your whole camp so we can determine how much space to give you. Please choose the most appropriate size range on the questionnaire.
Contact Placement at firstname.lastname@example.org ASAP if you have major changes in your population or structures that would affect the overall size of your camp. Please include your camp name and sector in the subject line.
For example: [3:00] Your Camp Name - Changes To Our Population
7. If I'm a camp within a village, do I need to fill out a Placed Camp Questionnaire?
We review the village as a whole, including all camp within a village questionnaires, this applies to all camp categories: theme camp, work support, art support, or mutant vehicle camp. All camps within the village and the village itself must complete the questionnaire by the theme camp, village, and camp within a village deadline. For 2023 this is March 30 by 12pm (noon) PT.
8. I submitted my Placement Questionnaire, but how do I know you received it?
Your camp's primary Placement contact will receive a confirmation email with your questionnaire responses after you submit. Don't forget to check your spam folder!