Plan, plan plan! Every year we welcome artists from across the world, however internationally artists are often met with more challenges than domestic artists. Here are some tips and things to think about when bringing art from abroad:
- Give yourself enough time to secure all necessary travel documents. Some countries have long visa application processes.
- Read through all the customs regulations to and from the different countries you will be traveling through.
- Reach out to official Burning Man Regional Contacts in your area
- Think about the size of your piece, how you will ship it and how long it will take to ship. Sometimes it’s better to do most of your building when you’re already in the United States.
- Think about what you’ll do with your piece after the event