You have the ability to transfer items (tickets and vehicle passes) within your order directly to other people using the Transfer function within your ticket account. It’s more secure for recipients — transfers are one-way, and once transferred, the recipient is the new owner of the item, and can interact with the ticket securely through their own account. The recipient can transfer items on to others as well.
General info about Ticket Transfer:
- Each eligible item in an order can be individually assigned to a different person.
- Eligible items: $425, $550, and $1400 tickets as well as $100 vehicle passes
- Only items which have not yet entered the shipping process can be transferred online.
- Transferred items must be accepted prior to the start of the shipping process. Once items have entered the shipping process they can no longer be transferred online.
- If your order has already shipped your tickets are still transferable, but it will be up to you to handle the transfer in person or leave the ticket at Will Call in someone else's name.
- Provides security to the recipient because the transfer can't be retracted by the original owner.
- No need for any other name change or authorization documentation, the recipient just needs their valid legal photo ID to pick up their items at the Box Office.
- A great option if a friend needs to pick up one of the items in your order but is arriving separately from you.
- Transferred tickets automatically default to Will Call pick up. If the ticket recipient wishes to have their ticket shipped, please see this article regarding receiving transferred tickets.
Here's a step-by-step of how to use Ticket Transfer:
- Log in to your account at https://here.burningman.org/my-tickets/login
- Click Manage Burning Man Profile.
- Click Transfer Items in the upper right.
- Select the items you want to transfer (ticket or vehicle pass). Each item that is eligible for transfer will say "Transferable" next to it. Click Next.
- Enter the email address of the person to whom you wish to transfer your item.
- Review the transfer details and select the box next to Terms & Conditions.
- Confirm the transfer by clicking the button that says Create Transfer. Once the recipient has accepted the transfer THERE IS NO OPTION TO UNDO OR EDIT YOUR TRANSFER.
- A window will pop up confirming the transfer and will also allow you to initiate another transfer if you have items you wish to send to someone else.
The participant to whom you transfer an item will receive an email asking them to accept the transfer. Once accepted, the participant who is receiving the transfer should also check in their ticket account (the one associated with the email used in transfer) to see the newly transferred items.