That’s perhaps the most common question. Here is the scoop: receiving a ticket in exchange for volunteering is incredibly rare. If it does occur it usually applies to people who work within the organization year-round as volunteers, fulfill an essential team role, and are highly accountable. These are not roles that are easy to jump into. Generally a person will volunteer with a group for a while, sometimes years, before being involved enough to require a gift ticket.
Articles in this section
- How can I volunteer to help on-playa?
- What are the V-Spots?
- How many volunteers does it take to put on Burning Man?
- What can I do to help make Burning Man happen?
- Do I get a free ticket if I volunteer?
- Where can I learn more about the different departments and areas to volunteer in?
- Can I volunteer even though I have never been to Burning Man?
- Where do I go to volunteer during the Burning Man event?
- Can I volunteer for more than one department?
- How much time does volunteering take? Do I have to volunteer everyday?