STEP now also offers a secure way to sell verified face-value tickets person-to-person.
STEP opened to participants wishing to resell their $2750, $1500, and $575 tickets on Wednesday, April 26, 2023 at 12pm (noon) PDT. Only tickets bought directly from Burning Man that have not yet begun the shipping process can be sold through STEP. Below are the instructions:
- Log into the Burner Profile that you used to purchase your ticket(s).
- Once you're logged in, you'll see a button that says "GET INTO STEP!" in the 'Tickets' section of your Burner Profile.
- This will take you to Lyte, our 2023 STEP provider. On that page click the button that says ‘Sell Person-to-Person’ and then enter your Burner Profile email address.
- You’ll receive an email from Lyte containing a link to log in.
- Once you’ve used the link to access your order, you can select which tickets you want to sell. You cannot set the sale price higher than face value plus the original fees you paid. Whether you want to pass on the fees or not is up to you.
- Provide your PayPal information to receive your refund when your ticket is sold.
Once you have confirmed the items you wish to sell and your PayPal information, a sale link will be created that you can then share with the burner wanting to buy your ticket(s).
- The burner purchasing the ticket(s) will complete the purchase using that link. The sale results in a brand new ticket order under their name in the Burning Man Tickets platform.
- Once another burner has purchased the items you sold to them, you will receive your refund via PayPal within one billing cycle.