We are serving pancakes (soup, grilled cheese, hot dogs, snow cones, etc) to the public at our theme camp. Do we need certification?

Last Updated -

If you plan to make and give away food or drinks on the playa, or if you are cooking for more than 125 of your fellow campmates at once, you need a temporary food service permit from the Nevada State Health Division’s Public Health and Clinical Services Environmental Health Section. For more information about food safety on the playa, including an application for a food permit, visit http://health.nv.gov/BFHS_EHS.htm. Look for the flame icons highlighting information for the Burning Man event.